anew


Christ died for us.

i don't think about that very much, do you?

'me-- who is born again but still so much in need of being born anew' i forget that it happened.

i forget that God took earthly form, and sent a part of Himself here to this wicked place to be sacrificed. He sent 'Jesus the God-man who came to save me from prisons of fear and guilt and depression and sadness,' to be killed.

He came and died to SAVE me from those things.

those things: the sadness, the fear, the guilt... those things that i spend so much of my time pondering, He came to give us relief.

relief that we can have for free. it will cost nothing. not a penny, and certainly not even the price of your own life.

do you have this relief? or better yet, do you accept this relief? all you have to do is call on His name. because His whole purpose was for you.

will you become anew with me today? i sure hope so, everything is simply funner when someone else comes too...

[all quotes were taken from Ann Voskamp's book, which you can find here]

2 comments:

  1. I love your new look, it's purdy!
    Hope your day is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered that book! can't wait to talk about it with you!

    ReplyDelete