mondays

it's monday.

i hate mondays.

but more importantly, i hate hating mondays.

today, i will go to work. rhema will see me coming through the front door and stomp her feet in place with excitement. she will pitter-patter towards me and tap my legs until i pick her up. once i do, she will promptly say 'elmo? elmo? elmo?!' and i will sigh, 'great to see you too kid'.

later, she will climb on top of every piece of furniture imaginable. because she's part monkey. and she will will succeed in getting herself in situations where she's stuck. she can't get down. and then she panics. she starts to whimper. she starts to say "hi! hi! hi" hoping that someone will look at her and come help her. eventually, after she whines and cries and calls out things, she will think to call me. i will hear her saying 'Ya Ya! Ya Ya!" (which is what i am referred to as, not because i chose it, Rhema chose it for me, so i love it. otherwise I wouldn't be a fan.)

Anyway, when she calls me, I will come to her and help her.

Does that remind you of anything?



Jeremiah 29:12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you

Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know

Psalm 91:15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him

Psalm 50:15 and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me

Isaiah 65:24 Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear



so maybe.. maybe mondays really aren't so horrible.
because He, He is quite good.


Read this book. By her.

1 comment:

  1. mondays aren't quite so horrible, remember that every monday!!

    ReplyDelete