Skippyjon Jones is a naughty kitty boy

I'm officially on vacation until January 5. I'm a pretty lucky nanny to get off for that long, but that's what happens when you're awesome. Actually, that's a lie, that's what happens when your work schedule revolves around the school system. 

Unfortunately, I'm really uneasy about the break. First of all, what the heck am I going to do? I don't really know how to function when I'm not taking care of other people for a living. Or when I'm not covered in spit up. When my hands won't constantly smell like a mixture of baby powder and graham crackers. When I'm not busy prying the tightest grip imaginable by little hands off of a chunk of my hair. When I'm not talking in a high pitched voice only to realize I'm talking to an adult, not a baby. Ok, well that last one actually happens consistently whether i'm nannying or not, all the other ones do happen during work hours only. 

However, I will enjoy my break from:

-having to open the diaper pail, and then trying to not breath for like 2 minutes or otherwise dying from toxicity. 
-waking up in the wee hours of the morning just to drop Pancho off at school. 
- sitting down on the couch only to hear Zoey scream from her crib 2 seconds later 
- Having to tote Diet Coke everywhere I go. 
- pacifying two boys who always disagree. 
- not hearing the earth shattering sounds of XBOX 360
- not having to listen to conversations about 'how totally freakin' awesome the graphics are on the new Gears of War' blah blah blah
- being asked consistently 'if you had to pick between your car and your phone, which would you pick?'; 'what's your favorite ornament on our tree?'; and 'what's the meanest thing you've ever done?'.... i mean really, who asks these kinds of questions? 
- trying to figure out what's making Zoey scream at the top of her lungs. 
- telling Zoey I don't believe her fake cry
- Looking up 'LazyTown' biographical information in my spare time... WHO DOES THIS??
- Watching Icelandic kids programs... oh wait.. I actually might miss that seeing as how I devote a majority of my spare time looking up biographical information concerning it. 
- Having to sit in two different pick up lines 20 minutes apart and banging my head on the steering wheel. 
-Being told that I work for a 12 year old, by that 12 year old.


Along with a list that doesn't even compare to this one of endless things that I will miss. Desperately. 


3 comments:

  1. You are the best nanny in the world, and I am obsessed with you! Not really because that is stalkerish, but I love you! And I am going to make you breakfast...or maybe even dinner! Sometime this break. Okay? Okay. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with you too and I am going to miss you, so come over as much as you want and spend the night as much as you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess what!? When my kids were in the throws of "Lazytown", I did extensive internet research on the actors! I was so curious about them! We may be the only two people in the US that have done this (they're like rockstars in Iceland though, if I remember correctly). You're welcome to come hang out with me too! We can sit around and talk about how strangely alike we are :)

    ReplyDelete