The 12 Days of Christmas Start Today

Had to take the sleeping pills tonight. 

BLEH. WHY

Also, the only thing on television is "The Real Housewives: Atlanta". 

When I went to the doctor for my checkup, I told her about how uneasy I still was about changing my medication. So I asked her to really outline WHY I couldn't stay on my anxiety medication, and the nutshell version of what she said is that it is highly addictive, and not commonly prescribed, as long as I see her, I wouldn't have a problem being able to get it, but if I were to change doctor's, they would be weary to give it to me. She also said that the body becomes immune to it, and you have to take higher and higher doses. So that was pretty much all the push I needed to look at myself and say 'Get over it, and trust in God". 

I'm now at the lowest dose of that medication, weaning myself off. So in about a week, I won't be taking it anymore. Even though it scares me, and feels like my cozy little security blanket, seriously... God is my Rock.

After I gave Jennifer my Christmas gift to her, she hugged me 3 times, and I was almost in tears. I cannot explain what a blessing it is to have a Doctor that you can talk to, and a Doctor who is a firm believer in the power of Christ. After she went through the comments of 'you didn't have to get me a gift', I told her how much of a blessing that she was and how thankful I was of her. And she ACTUALLY said that my mother and I are blessings in her life. That she always looks forward to seeing us, and learning more about the disorder. She is such a rare little gem, I cannot get enough of her. Thank you Lord.

1 comment:

  1. I am so amazed and happy that you found a doctor like Jennifer to be with you through all that you have been through. It's such a blessing to me to see that you are so comfortable with your doctor because I know (for myself) it's really difficult to be trusting of someone who has so much power in how you solve and work through medical issues.

    ReplyDelete