all things work together for his good

"you cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore"

that's the motto of this past weekend. i really jumped out of my comfort zone and did something i would never really do, OCD or not. I went to south padre island, with people I had only met one time. It was four of us, and it was the greatest vacation ever. And my first vacation sans family.

most of my time was spent in God's word, talking, and being seriously amazed at the ocean God created. I am so thankful for this answer to prayer. A weekend with new friends, a long drive, and time away.

unfortunately, there was a catch to the weekend. Isn't there always? one of the boys had decided that i liked him. did i ever give him any indication of that? no. so he mostly ignored me. it really hurt me. because maybe it was just my OCD, but i was convinced that he thinks i'm annoying or obnoxious, or just plain not worth his time in being friends. and its heartbreaking. especially when i am under the assumption that God handpicked that trip for me to make new friends, and i already feel like i'm being ousted by one of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment