All things work together for our good , God works his purposes, just like He said He would.

It was only a few months ago that my life was turned upside down by the ailing corruption of OCD.

It was only a few months ago that I cried everyday, all day long.

It was only a few months ago, that my mom had to drive me back to school to get all of my belongings, and I had to have her hold my hands and guide me through the school campus, because I couldn’t look at it. I was covering my face with my hands. And wiping the tears at the same time. It was all a nightmare. Every single thing that I saw sparked an irrational fear or worry, and made me feel sick inside.


It was just a few months ago that I had to bring all my friends in my dorm room and explain to them that I was leaving school because of a sickness that they could hardly understand.


It was just a few months ago, that I started taking medication and seeing regular therapist, things that I never thought that I would ever ever ever have to do.


It was just a few months ago that I had to wake up every single morning at 6 am, because I was afraid to be alone so I had to go with my mother to take everyone to school. Every single morning.


It was just a few months ago, that my sister had to go with me into public bathrooms.


It was just a few months ago that when I took a shower, that someone had to sit outside of the door, the entire time.


It was just a few months ago that I had to shut my door every single night and keep multiple large clanky necklaces on the handle because that was the only way I could fall asleep knowing that my family would be well aware of when I woke up by the noise I created with my door.


It was only a few months ago that every single time I was in worship at church I burst into sobbing. Not just crying, sobbing. My entire family would stand in our pew and hold hands through the entire portion of the service.


It was just a few months ago that I refused to drive a car. And if I did, whoever was in the car with me had to be aware of everything that was happening, and had to answer every question I asked about trash in the middle of the road.


It was just a few months ago that my life was spiraling completely out of my control, and I was certain that my life, was completely and utterly over.


Now, a few months later, I can’t imagine not have going through those things. What a joy it is to realize what taking things for granted, really means. 


1 comment: